Date:      Mon, 6 Nov 2000 19:54:14 -0700
From:      Steve Leibel <stevel@bluetuna.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Statement & Question to the group.

--============_-1238556839==_ma============

At 2:23 PM -0500 12/6/00, Jim Jones wrote:
>S >
>
>First of all, I want to thank those who replied with good info. As
>to where I can download Unix and what files to get, it looked like a
>big mess to me. Newbie I guess (with this site).
>

>I am very excited in learning all aspects of Unix. I have a lot of
>knowledge in other areas but not unix. What is the suggestion of the
>day for someone like me who wants to learn ALL the tricks, commands
>(of different systems), anything and everything that will enhance my
>knowledge and ability to achieve what I desire the
>most......Excellence !!!

Jim,

You want to learn ALL of it?  Some of us have been at it for years
and believe me nobody knows all of it.  Best way to start though is
by buying a CD ROM -- either FreeBSD or (sorry for the heresy on this
mailing list) one of the Linux variants.  Then install it on your
computer and you're on your way.

Downloading is too messy and complicated, for $39 bucks or so just
buy a CD.  Save you a lot of trouble.

Steve

--============_-1238556839==_ma============

First of all, I want to thank those who replied with good info. As to
where I can download Unix and what files to get, it looked like a big
mess to me. Newbie I guess (with this site).

I am very excited in learning all aspects of Unix. I have a lot of
knowledge in other areas but not unix. What is the suggestion of the
day for someone like me who wants to learn ALL the tricks, commands (of
different systems), anything and everything that will enhance my
knowledge and ability to achieve what I desire the most......Excellence
!!!

</smaller></fontfamily>Jim,