Date:      Fri, 5 May 2000 16:07:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mi@privatelabs.com
To:        "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        Aleksey <caspy@masterhost.ru>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem bootimg [free|pico]bsd at 386sx

On  5 May, Chris D. Faulhaber wrote:
= On Fri, 5 May 2000, Aleksey wrote:
=
= > Greetings!
= >
= > I have a 386sx with 4mb of mem, floppy.
= > trying to boot from freebsd 3.È install floppies and/or picobsd.
= >
=
= See INSTALL.TXT:
=
= FreeBSD requires a 386 or better processor to run (sorry, there is no
= support for '286 processors) and at least 5 megs of RAM to install
= and 4 megs of RAM to run.....
=
= Sounds like you are 1 meg short.

Should not PicoBSD still work?

In any case, I think, it is possible to build a customized version of
kernel (less drivers, no PCI/EISA) and it may fit... But you'll have
to build on some other machine.

	-mi