Date:      Mon, 29 Aug 2005 17:04:39 -0700
From:      Graham North <northg@shaw.ca>
To:        K Anderson <freebsduser@comcast.net>
Cc:        questions freebsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Security level problem with Samba Apsfilter print server

--=======AVGMAIL-4313A29818A2=======

Thank you for these suggestions - I may try them but to be honest think
that the problem lies elsewhere.

I did have this working fine more than a year ago but then changed
computers, removed the printserver function and am only now coming back
to re-install as a printserver (old smb.conf lost of course!)

Does not FreeBSD allow a "guest" logon for printers and put into
"nobody" user group, or something of that ilk.   It seems to me that was
what it did before.

On another note, this was working perfectly with CUPS about 2 weeks ago
- well almost, it actually didn't print localhost ascii files very well,
they needed switches for manually shifting the margins.   My solution
was to create an alias for the lpr command which blew everything apart
so that the lpd refused to load - finally I blew it all away and loaded
apsfilter again.    (that took a couple of tries too, because CUPS
leaves behind a few boogeymen gotchas).

Print server guest accounts anyoneone?
Graham/