Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:56:08 -0500
From:      "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "FBSD Questions" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FBSD4.4 &  winmodem drivers - modems

	Reposting this info under a meaningful subject line so it can be found in
the archives when searched.  Just for the record. Maybe someone can take the
winmodem drivers from this web page and get it added to the ports section of
the FBSD install CD, or better yet work it into the base kernel where it
should really be.

> From: "Joe & Fhe Barbish" <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
> Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:39:37 -0500
>
> Kevin
>  I have seen this said before in the archives, but I was never able to
find
> where to get the FBSD versions of the winmoden drivers or find anyone who
> had it installed. I have found linux versions without documentation but
> nothing for FBSD. Can you expand on your statement?

I have installed them with no problems under 4.2, but I no longer use
a laptop with a WinModem, so I have not installed recent versions. (If
your system is an IBM, you might also be able to use the mWave driver
in ports.

The tarballs are available from http://www.geocities.com/wtnbkysh/

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)