Date:      Thu, 20 May 2004 12:30:55 +0200
From:      Kay Lehmann <kay_lehmann@web.de>
To:        Rob <stopspam@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Port: lyx-1.3.4 (broken by recent teTeX port updates)

Hello,

Rob wrote:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Recent changes to the teTeX port, removes the capability of LyX
>> to view documents in DVI and ps formats.
>>
>> In order to have this work, I had to do manually two things:
>>
>> 1) compile teTeX as
>>        make WITH_XDVIK=yes
>>    which will add to LyX viewing in DVI format.
>>
>> 2) install the print/dvipsk-tetex
>>    this will add ps viewing of LyX document.
>>    (Note: installing print/dvips will have conflicts with teTeX!).

You may compile teTeX with the additional option WITH_DVIPSK=yes, so you
do not need to use print/dvipsk-tetex.

> Moreover, this dvips does not recognize any papersize. When I do
>
>    dvips -t a4 ....
>
> I will get
>
>    dvips: no match for papersize
>
> Any other reasonable alternatives for a4 will also fail and output is
> letter size.
> This is quite troublesome!
>
> Regards,
> Rob.

There was a thread about this some days ago. The problem is that
${TEXMF_TREE}/dvips/config/config.ps isn't created or when it is created
  everything is commented out. So you need to edit it manually.

Greets,
Kay