Date:      Wed, 11 Oct 2000 19:39:05 +0200
From:      Gerhard Sittig <Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Syntax error in ports .mk files? (galeon pkg reg)

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 01:14 -0400, Andrew J Caines wrote:

> Ports cvsup'ed less than an hour ago. After several clean
> builds and installs with package registration, I build Galeon
> (/usr/ports/www/galeon) and on "make install" got the following
> errors during package registration:
>
> # make install
> [snip]
> ===>   Registering installation for galeon-0.7.6
> "/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gnome.mk", line 265: Malformed \
>       conditional (!defined(HAVE_GNOME) || \
>       ${CONFIGURE_ARGS:S/--localstatedir=//} \
                       ^^^^^
>       == ${CONFIGURE_ARGS})

[ line breaks inserted by me  G.S. ]

I (believe to) recognize what I have read in cvs-all about "merge
substitution macros from the other *BSD platforms to aid in
openpackages' growth".  Is there a need to upgrade my world
before I can use ports in the near future?  (If so, chances are
it's a new FAQ raised every five days in the -stable list.  Does
this require a HEADS UP to avoid list pollution?)

virtually yours   82D1 9B9C 01DC 4FB4 D7B4  61BE 3F49 4F77 72DE DA76
Gerhard Sittig   true | mail -s "get gpg key" Gerhard.Sittig@gmx.net