Date:      Tue, 28 Nov 1995 14:22:39 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        grog@lemis.de
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Enough already! (Was: Where is the documentation for ibcs2?)

> So when are we going for SVR4.2 emulation?

SVR4.2 has kernel threads, file system ACLs and attribution, SMP
support, and user provided priority classes, like "fixed", that it
uses to work around the buffer cache trashing of the X server from
ld mmap'ing all the object modules in.

Probably some time after the infrastructure necessary to support
SVR4.2 applications has made its way into BSD.  BSD has a bit of a
way to go and is now the one playing "catch up".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.