Date:      Tue, 28 Apr 1998 15:23:43 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.6 problems

In a previous message, Nate Williams said:
> > > Is there an entry for the Megahertz card in /etc/pccarcd.conf?
> >
> > Nope, there never has been. However, I had been able to get it running
> > back on 2.2.2 (I think). Though that may have be PAO. But PAO could only
> > see 1 of my slots. I perfer running straight FreeBSD.
>
> It should be *really* easy to get working under 2.2.6.

I think the card died. I can't get a dumpcis out of it.

> > > No clue.   The dmesg output says nothing either, other than the system
> > > is up and running in multi-user mode when it hangs.
> >
> > I'm considering getting rid of my doc and getting a port replicator. This
> > may be the nail in the coffin.

I'm in the process of getting the port rep and loosing the doc. It simplifies
things.

> Ahh.  We've had pretty good luck with the port replicators on our boxes,
> and haven't used a doc in a long time.  The replicators seem to work
> fine. :)
>
> [ Olicom Ethercom card ]
>
> > > Possible, depends on what it's trying to be.  Is it a clone of an NE2000
> > > board or what?
> >
> > Wish I knew. I'm guessing it's not useful. I ran pccardc dumpcis on it, but
> > nothing jumped out at me.
>
> You and I are in the same boat (making guesses), but you have the
> hardware.  You could try building an entry for it using 'pccardc
> dumpcis'.  The 'howto' information has been posted to this list many
> times in the past, so you may want to go peruse the archives for
> instructions.

I'm not sure what it is, but ep0 and ed0 don't register. dumpcis didn't
really tell me anything. And since I have the 389C, I don't care that
much to spend time on it.

Thanks,
Paul.

--
"If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." --Kathrine Hepburn (1909- )