Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 1997 20:06:08 -0400
From:      Dave Alderman <dave@persprog.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>, Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fastest possible FreeBSD system?

Steve Passe wrote:

> I would be willing to believe this is generally true,  Were they close
> enough
> that a PII-300 would overcome the PPro?  The PII will continue to get
> faster,
> the PPro is probably frozen @ 200mHz.
They were very close, as I recall.  A 300 should pull ahead but if this
is Deschutes it is probably plugging into Slot Two.  Slot One evidently
has some shortcomings (just like PCI 1.0).  Intel is obviously
downplaying this changeover.
--
It's not my fault!  It's some guy named "General Protection"!
--Ratbert