Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 1995 12:50:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      -Vince- <vince@penzance.econ.yale.edu>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@blaise.ibp.fr>
Cc:        FreeBSD-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Upgrading to 2.05A

On Thu, 1 Jun 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> > 	I am going to be upgrading from 2.0 -current as of 2 weeks ago to
> > 2.05A, can I just install the 2.05A source and do a make world or do I
> > have to do a reinstall?  I don't have a tape backup but is it possible to
> > back up to floppies instead if it is really required?  Any help would be
>
> You should be able to  just do a make world to get a working 2.0.5A. -current
> is not that different from 2.0.5 except for the installation stuff.

	Really?  I was told that the 2.05A sources would allow me to
upgrade but I won't get any of the disk optimizations and other things
without doing a full install and I would need to do a full reinstall to
get properly optimized and coverted to the slice code since there will
probably be no backwards compatibility of this in 2.1.  Can anyone
confirm this?  Jordan?  Thanks.

Cheers,
-Vince- vince@kbrown.oldcampus.yale.edu
UCLA Physics/Electrical Engineering - UC Berkeley Fall '95
SysAdmin bigbang.HIP.Berkeley.EDU - Running FreeBSD - Real UN*X for Free!