Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 1997 12:06:47 -0500
From:      dkelly@hiwaay.net
To:        "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2nd Notice: 4 days to code freeze in RELENG_2_2 branch.

Jamil J. Weatherbee writes:

> Have the floppy driver problems been repaired??

When someone else mentioned trouble with floppies and FreeBSD I thought
to try the floppy on my then 1-week old Asus P6NP5 and had repeatable
problems with good media. Jumped into the discussion. And proably ran
fdformat 100 times.

Flipped most every BIOS setup parameter, to no avail.

Then somebody suggested, "Load BIOS Defaults". And all my problems
dissappeared. All I can guess is that something was set in the BIOS's
BB-ram that reconfigured hardware, but that something isn't reachable
thru the provided human interface. Yet it was reset by "Load Defaults".

So once again, *I'm* a happy camper. And learned more that I wanted to
in the process.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net