Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 23:34:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: C Programing tools

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Frank Pawlak wrote:

>Also what tools (ports) will I have to have installed on my FreeBSD
>system to run and compile some of my work?  The prof wants me to work in
>Winblows, and I explained about the bad case of hives that I get every
>time I boot that S--- up.

I did my C class on Mac. Everytime I would ask a teaching assistant for
help they would fetch my code over to a time share box and compile under
unix.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"Unix won't crash if your program is broke," they replied.

(This, by the way, was part of my continuing ascent to gurudom.)

You will spend less time rebooting your computer if you build under
FreeBSD. This is my limited experience. YMMV.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/