Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 17:46:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Sue Bauer-Lee <sblee@eeyore.taz.tac.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: building new program versions

On Sat, 28 Feb 1998, Sue Bauer-Lee wrote:

> When trying to build new programs from source, even with the Linux
> compatability ports installed, I find that there may be missing items.
>
> Maybe you would willing to shed some light as to how you built
> xfce-1.2.3. In trying to build version 1.2.5, I wind up with missing
> header files.
>
> Help please?

Send us the error output you got from the make run, so we can see what the
problem you're having is.  Understand, these ports _do_ work, unless
there's something wrong, and we have to see what your machine is
complaining about to suggest the fix for you.

Satoshi builds every last one (and that's more than 1300 now), on a
regular basis, so the quality of the stuff in FreeBSD ports is way higher
than you'd suspect.

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |