Date:      Sat, 18 May 2002 06:30:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/38240: In section 2.9.11 of the Handbook "X-server" should be "X server"

The following reply was made to PR docs/38240; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Fonvieille <marc@blackend.org>
To: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 15:17:07 +0200

 On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 04:01:39PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
 > Hello Marc,

 Hi Giorgos ;)

 > Well spotted.  You are right that one of the two (and not both) should
 > be used.  I'm more in favor of X&nbsp;server or X-server, since "X
 > server" can be wrapper in many funny ways as shown below:
 >
 > 	After you install the X
 > 	server, ...
 >
 > What do you think?

 On www.xfree86.org, they use XFree86 X server
 (http://www.xfree86.org/4.2.0/DESIGN.html for example). So X&nbsp;server
 seems to be the best solution.
 XFree86 X Server</title>; and in the text X&nbsp;server should be used.

 cheers,
 Marc