Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:54:58 +0200
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
To:        emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: POSE

Thomas Runge wrote:

> I'm not quite sure, if this list is really alive, as I'm subscribed
> for some days right now, but didn't get *any* traffic...

We're alive, but not as you know it :-)

> Finally, I got POSE (PalmOS Emualtor) compiled and running on
> FreeBSD. The biggest trick was to build egcs with --enable-pthread,
> following some minor patches to the generated Makefile (configure
> sucks a lot) and some sources, don't exactly remember which, but
> no big deal.
> If someone is interested, I could make a port, but I don't know,
> how one can configure the dependencies for egcs. Or do I have to
> make a special egcs port by copying the existing and just adding
> one line for configure and depending on that port?

egcs is in the ports collection (lang/egcs). Furthermore, egcs is in the
sourcetree for -current. I don't think that making a special port for
egcs is a good idea.

As for --enable-pthread: Do you need it?

--
Marcel Moolenaar                        mailto:marcel@scc.nl
SCC Internetworking & Databases           http://www.scc.nl/