Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:28:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      BWS - Offwhite <brennan@offwhite.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tape drive capacity

--0-1382659676-969316132=:74263

I have a new new Seagate Tapestor drive and would like to know how I can
use it better.

I have created a backup and restore script.  They are attached to this
email.

Those scripts work fine, but I am not sure how to determine how much of
the tape was used during the last write.  Since I am using "dd" to write
to the tape device it will tell how much was written, but I am wondering
if there is more I can do.

Are there any good doc sites out there for using tape drives?  I have read
over the FreeBSD docs and do not see anything about getting the info I
want.

Brennan Stehling - web developer and sys admin
projects: www.greasydaemon.com | www.onmilwaukee.com | www.sncalumni.com

--0-1382659676-969316132=:74263

IyEvYmluL3NoCgojIHNhMCBpcyB0aGUgZGVmYXVsdCwgYnV0IHRoaXMgaXMg
anVzdCB0byBiZSBzdXJlCm10IC1mIC9kZXYvcnNhMCByZXdpbmQKCiMgdHJp
ZWQgdG8gdHVybiBvbiBjb21wcmVzc2lvbiwgYnV0IGRvZXMgbm90IHNlZW0g
dG8gd29yawojIG10IGNvbXAgb24KCiMgbGlzdCBvZiBkaXJlY3RvcmllcyB0
byBiYWNrIHVwCiNsaXN0PSIvZXRjIC91c3IvbG9jYWwvZXRjLyAvaG9tZS8g
L3dlYi9zZXJ2ZXJzIgpsaXN0PSIvZXRjIgoKIyB0YXIgYSBiYWNrdXAgdG8g
dGhlIHJhdyB0YXBlIGRldmljZQp0YXIgLWN6ZiAtICR7bGlzdH0gfCBkZCBv
Zj0vZGV2L3JzYTAgb2JzPTIwYgoK
--0-1382659676-969316132=:74263

IyEvYmluL3NoCgojIHNhMCBpcyB0aGUgZGVmYXVsdCwgYnV0IHRoaXMgaXMg
anVzdCB0byBiZSBzdXJlCm10IC1mIC9kZXYvcnNhMCByZXdpbmQKCmNkIH4v
UkVTVE9SRQoKIyB0YXIgYSBiYWNrdXAgdG8gdGhlIHJhdyB0YXBlIGRldmlj
ZQp0YXIgLXhwdmYgL2Rldi9yc2EwIAoK
--0-1382659676-969316132=:74263--