Date:      Thu, 02 Apr 2015 20:21:50 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bazaaring the cathedral (Lowering the Barrier to Entry)

On 4/2/15 6:53 AM, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>> I hope this is not one more of those April fools :-)
> I've been thinking that since Eitan's first post of
> 	Wed, 1 Apr 2015 09:55:11 -0700 (18:55 CEST)
> 	"self-serve commit access"
> I kept wondering what would keep looneys out ? :-)
>
> Your experience feeding back to Linux was interesting, I suppose
> we assume "the grass is greener" till we hear someone tried it :-)

Agreed.  Contributing to the git project itself was quite eye opening.
They are very particular about the patch format and a few processes
involved were very long.  They also don't use github. That said, the
community was pretty open to the patches (once I got the format correct)
and it took about average amount of work to get my code submitted.

-Alfred