Date:      Mon, 27 Sep 1999 05:38:00 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <mpp@FreeBSD.org>
To:        phantom@cris.net (Alexey Zelkin)
Cc:        kargl@troutmask.apl.washington.edu (Steven G. Kargl), freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: docs/13333: remove rtld(1) XREF in dlopen.3

> hi,
>
> On Sun, Sep 26, 1999 at 11:52:21AM -0700, Steven G. Kargl wrote:
>
> > > May I close PR ?
> > >

> > Sure.  Close the PR.
> Ok.

Only after removing the refernce to rtld(1) :-).

rtld(1) isn't installed by default anymore, so it shouldn't be xrefed.
I've done *many* "make world"'s in the last 5 months or so, and the last time
rtld(1) was installed was last May (about when I upgraded my main machine
from 2.2.8 - 4.0-current).  My "virgin" 3.2 machine, and my 3.3-RC
machine do not have rtld.1 at all.

Yes, rtld(1) can be installed under some configurations, but since
you have to jump through some hoops to do that, we shouldn't xref rtld(1).

(This reminds me, I should probably blow away my current /usr/share/man
just so I can catch these kinds of things with 'manck')

-Mike

--
Mike Pritchard
mpp@FreeBSD.org or mpp@mpp.pro-ns.net