Date:      Wed, 17 Oct 2007 22:21:35 +0200
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Peter Schuller <peter.schuller@infidyne.com>
Subject:   Re: 'nv' in RELENG_7 does not detect 7900GS

--nextPart1322834.x5SKfLWVm5

On Wednesday 17 October 2007, Peter Schuller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> so I just upgraded my desktop to RELENG_7 and suddenly the nv driver
> is completely unable to detect the presence of my 7900GS. It acts
> exactly as if the card was not in the machine. driver loads without
> errors, but does not detect any devices.
>
> I tried upgrading to the latest point release of the driver (as
> available in ports), which did not help.
>
> At least one guyon ##freebsd apparantly has the same problem.
>
> Does anyone know what's going on? The lack of any kind of error means
> I pretty much don't know where to look.
>
> It could have been triggered by the Xorg upgrade rather than RELENG_7;
> unfortunately I am not sure which X server I started when I started up
> my desktop last.

did you do a xorg-server rebuild after (from UPDATING):

20070930:
        The PCI code has been made aware of PCI domains. This means that
        the location strings as used by pciconf(8) etc are now in the
        also means that consumers of <sys/pciio.h> potentially need to
        be recompiled; this includes the hal and xorg-server ports.

=2D-=20