Date:      Sat, 03 Oct 1998 10:32:51 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

> BTW, Jordan, I have written to publications about FreeBSD.  Unix Review
> come rather quickly to mind.  Once I was published, and the others
> rejected.  In fact the latest issue has some letters about FreeSBD
> written by others, but mine were rejected.  Now by your gauge, I sure that
> is my fault.

By my gauge, absolutely.  Sorry if I'm the one to impart the cruel
truth, but if your stuff isn't getting accepted then you clearly need
to polish your style and approach until it is - it really is just that
simple.  I also don't mean to compare dick sizes here, but I've had no
trouble getting _any_ of my articles accepted and I know several other
people who have enjoyed similar degrees of success.  Ultimately, even
though Brett would now have us believe that I'm directly responsible
for your successes or lack thereof, it's down to you and only you
whether you succeed or fail at any form of advocacy.  I can say that
of those I've known who were both persistent and reasonably
intelligent (enough to express themselves in print, I mean), their
success rate at getting stuff accepted for publication has been more
than exemplary.

- Jordan