Date:      Mon, 25 Nov 2002 21:36:41 +0100
From:      "Vahe Khachikyan" <vahe@khachikyan.de>
To:        <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        <hermes-devel@clanlib.org>, <sobomax@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Hermes-1.3.2 is buggy on 64 bit platform

Hi ,
It seams that the Hermes library is buggy on 64 bit platforms .
I'm running FreeBSD on Alpha workstation and after compiling the new version
of
windowmaker 0.80.1 (which requires the Hermes library, however could be
compiled without)
I found that the windowmaker interface became greenish.
The color palette was somehow shifted, there was no red colors ....
After experementing a little bit with windowmaker configuration I recompiled
it with
--disable-hermes flag and now the windowmaker is OK.
I assume that there is some member allignment problem in Hermes cause the
compiler
produces quite a lot of warnings like "cast to integer from pointer of
different size"
they are issued in files c_16.c c_32.c and a pair of others.
I would like to help , however graphics programming is not an area of
interest to me.

Let me know if you need more details. I were able to compile the code with
two different
compilers gcc and "Compaq cc" however in both cases the result is the same.

Best Regards
--
Vahe Khachikyan
---