Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 14:59:10 +0900
From:      Hidetoshi Shimokawa <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        asami@FreeBSD.ORG, sprice@hiwaay.net
Subject:   Re: Alpha ports collection?

I have built packages with Asami-san's new build method.
About 1070 packages have been built and about 280 packages have failed.
You can get the list of failed packages and the build log at:

http://www.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~simokawa/alpha/logs/

The "reason" fields are generated from log automatically.

A) compiler problem
 [gcc]	cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal signal 6
 [f77]	floating exception during constant evaluation

B) sound support
 [sound]       machine/soundcard.h: No such file or directory
 [linus-sound] linux/soundcard.h: No such file or directory

C) type confilct
 [time]     time()
 [conflict] others

D) unapropriate compile option
 [m486] CFLAGS includes -m486

E) only for i386?
 [format] File format not recognized
 [asm]    assembler complains

F) general error
 [checksum] md5 Checksum mismatch
 [fetch]    Couldn't fetch it
 [pkg]      pkg_create failed

G) unknown
 [?]

Problem A) is beyond my knowledge, so I appreciate it if someone look into
this problem. I am using default cc with Doug's patch.

I supporse if we just add include files, most of problem B) should disappear.
But we have no sound card support yet. Shall we mark them BROKEN for alpha?

Most of C) and D) should be easy to fix.
Is it ok to just remove -m486 or replacing it with CFLAGS_ARCH is better?

/\ Hidetoshi Shimokawa
\/  simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
PGP public key: finger -l simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp