Date:      Mon, 2 Feb 1998 13:38:53 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Donn Miller <dmm125@bellatlantic.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   netscape/swap_pager causing problems with syscons

This problem was alluded to before.  When running X windows, say you start
netscape.  Then you run out of swap space.  What happens next is that X
windows lock the computer solid, or X windows crashes, leaving me with a
blank screen.  None of the virtual terminals work then, but I know the
system is still running, because ctrl+alt+delete reboots (shuts down) the
system.  But I still see nothing on the screen.

Jordan hinted to this as a problem with syscons in one posting I saw.  I
would have to agree.  In general, running out of swap space with netscape
and X running wrecks havoc on syscons.  I was wondering if anyone has
experience with this problem and a possible solution as to how to get
syscons responding again.  I can't login by way of serial console so I
guess the only choice is to just ctrl+alt+delete

Thank you

	Donn