Date:      Mon, 15 Apr 2002 16:09:17 -0500
From:      "Charles Pelletier" <fozekizer@attbi.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipv4 gateway

> On Mon, 2002-04-15 at 17:31, milan nankov wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I receive the following error message when i try to set up the settings
of my lancard my druging the freebsd setup:

> > "Invalid ipv4 gataway address" (i receive by DHCP my host ->
212-116-134-198.evrocom.net

domain -> evrocom.net

> >                                                                     ***
gateway -> 212.116.135.1

> >                                                                    name
server -> 212.39.92.2

ip -> 212.116.134.198

mask -> 255.255.255.0 )

> > What is causing this error ?
> >
> > What's wrong with the gateway address(ip) ?

as shown, nothing is wrong. but, i believe you might either have a typo
somewhere or you set things up incorrectly.
your /etc/rc.conf should have lines similar to these:

gateway_enable="YES"
hostname="JOBOB"
ifconfig dc0 1.1.4.1 netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig_ed0="DHCP"
ipf -Fa -f /etc/ipf.conf
ipnat -f /etc/ipnat.conf
ipmon -D /var/log/security
kern_securelevel_enable="NO"
nfs_reserved_port_only="NO"

and you should have an /etc/resolv.conf
    search evrocom.net
   nameserver  212.39.92.2

also, your /etc/dhclient.conf should not have anything in it, usually
nothing is needed.
also, if you want to set up IPNAT'ing you need to configure that in your
kernel config.
also, it is highly possible that the card you have set up for internal usage
was not picked up your installation. that also needs to be enabled in the
kernel.
ask and you shall receive.
--charlie pelletier