Date:      Sat, 02 Nov 2002 09:18:55 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hideyuki KURASHINA <rushani@bl.mmtr.or.jp>
To:        kwc@TheWorld.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Opera for FreeBSD

Hi,

>>> On Fri, 1 Nov 2002 18:56:55 -0500 (EST), Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@TheWorld.com> said:

> It coredumps on exit here.  OS is 4.7-stable as of
> today, 2002/11/01.  Previous beta did the same thing,
> but it seems that it didn't start coredumping until a
> cvsup/{build,install}world a couple of weeks ago.
>
> Other than the exit-coredump, it seems to run well.
> Here's the exit-message:
>
> opera in free(): warning: junk pointer, too high to make sense
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> $ sh: turning off NDELAY mode
>
> Any ideas?

It works here without any problem :) . output of uname(1);

  FreeBSD mpu.rushani.jp 4.7-RC FreeBSD 4.7-RC #1: Tue Oct  8 23:54:38 JST 2002     hideyuki@mpu.rushani.jp:/usr/obj/data/FreeBSD/4-src/sys/MPU  i386

..., but It crashes with X server on my machine at lab, which has i845G
(and X server is worked in vesa driver, not in native one).

I doubt it may be a i845G specific problem.

-- rushani