Date:      Sun, 4 Jun 2017 09:50:06 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   py-enchant and wxPython Dependency

Hi there,

I have a webapp that is making use of textproc/py-enchant for
spellchecking in some input forms we use.  when i install py-enchant via
pip it only requires some libraries that ship with textproc/enchant.
yet when i install the py27-enchant pkg it looks like i have to slup in
about 1GB of deps - including lots of X libraries (libGL for example).
This seems to be related to having "USE_WX" flag set in the
textproc/py-enchant Makefile.

Since my use-case is for a python webapp I have no need for wxPython and
it's dependency tree.  Is there an easy way to re-build this port w/o
the wxPython dependency?  I can confirm the py-enchant works fine
without wxPython when it is installed via pip inside a python venv.  My
understanding is that the USE_* flags are not really meant to be
user-settable.

Cheers,

-pete

--