Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 1998 15:13:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      Dave Bodenstab <imdave@mcs.net>
To:        hoek@hwcn.org, imdave@mcs.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/5393: DOOMSRC port :  package

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

I got some feedback from someone who (I guess) grabbed it from the
incoming directory, and he had a build problem with the X11 includes.
I've forgotten, but I think that I automatically do a symlink of
/usr/include/X11 --> /usr/X11R6/include on my machine, so I didn't
catch this problem.  I fixed this.

Based on your comments, I also added a command line argument to ignore
the version check, so it is no longer critical that the version number
match the person's doom version.

A few more questions please: I put the new port in ftp://pub/FreeBSD/incoming
as:
	doomsrc.tgz.010197
	doomsrc.readme.010198

(I know -- I forgot it's 1998)  Do I use send-pr to mention this update?
Do I email someone?  Will I get some sort of feedback if the port is
``accepted''?  If there is more feedback, and I need to update it in
the future, how do I best do that?  Id's version is 1.10, so my first
take is that this should be the version number for the package -- is this
reasonable even tho the port is updated over time?

Thanks.

Dave Bodenstab
imdave@mcs.net