Date:      Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:26:11 -0500
From:      "Jerry Tarwid" <jtarwid@wi.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Boot manager

I have installed FreeBSD on a box with Windows XP & I installed the =
FreeBSD Boot manager. My question is how do I get rid of the boot =
manager??? I want to uninstall FreeBSD & uninstall the boot manager so =
my computer will just boot windows. I have 2 SATA hard drives, drive 1 =
has XP on it & drive 2 has XP 64 & FreeBSD. I'm using NTFS on both =
Windows drives. When I installed FreeBSD I installed the boot manager & =
was able to boot into all 3 os's. I uninstalled FreeBSD & booted to =
recovery console & did "fixboot" & "fixmbr" & when I tried to boot up I =
get "boot failure" like the FreeBSD boot manager left something in the =
mbr that fixmbr can't overwrite??? I re-installed FreeBSD with the boot =
manager & am able to boot to all 3 os's once again. Can anyone help =
me???

Thanks,=20

jtarwid@wi.rr.com