Date:      Mon, 27 Oct 2003 13:34:58 -0600
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        Steve Wingate <s.wingate@pobox.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: marcusmerge help doc

------------yFnvmH8RPRMncTk4VSbI7F

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 17:13:51 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wingate
<s.wingate@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>
>> Anyone want to contribute a help doc on using marcusmerge?  With GNOME
>> 2.5 around the corner, it might help to have a formalized document
>> available so people don't have to go reading the script comments.
>> Thanks.
>
> I'll give it a shot. I've not done much so don't expect anything soon. If
> anyone else wants to start don't let me stop you. I might get distracted
> anyway.

Here what I have gotten so far, I still need the help. It's my first time
to write the man page and I am not skill on write, so at the moment it's
just a text file. After finish it, I will convert it to the man page
format. However, someone need to fix the grammar and fill out what I left
it empty and not explain clear. Also, someone is welcome to convert it to
man page format before I :-)

Cheers,
Mezz

> |Steve Wingate		<s_dot_wingate@pobox.com>
> |MCSE, CCNA		Sat Oct 25 17:10:00 PDT 2003
> |FreeBSD 4.9-PRERELEASE
> | 5:10PM  up 22:44, 0 users, load averages: 0.16, 0.03, 0.01

bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.
------------yFnvmH8RPRMncTk4VSbI7F

MARCUSMERGE(1)							  MARCUSMERGE(1)

NAME
	marcusmerge -- FreeBSD GNOME package for MarcusCom CVS repositories

SYNOPSIS
	marcusmerge [-alptuv] [-c cvsroot] [-d directory] [-m module]
	            [-s directory]

DESCRIPTION
	blah, blah, blah......

OPTIONS

	The following options are supported by marcusmerge:

	-a	Combinations three options; -u, -l and -p.

	-c	Specifies the CVSROOT, overriding any CVSROOT specifications in
		the marcusmerge. The default CVSROOT is
		creme-brulee.marcuscom.com, MarcusCom CVS.

	-d	Specifies the path of official ports collection, overriding any
		DESTDIR specifications in the marcusmerge. The default path is
		/usr/ports.

	-l	Lists the outdated ports to show which application(s) will need
		to update.

	-m	Specifies the CVS module to checkout from MarcusCom CVS. There
		has the different modules following:

		-ports, explain about it, blah blah....
		-ports-stable, explain about it, blah blah.....

		Overridding any MODULE specifications in the marcusmerge. The
		default CVS module is ports.

	-p	Updates the official ports collection and checkouts the
		MarcusCom ports. You should fill out the SUPFILE in
		marcusmerge, before use this option.

	-s	Specifies the path of MarcusCom ports without the trailing
		module name (i.e. without the trailing /ports), overriding any
		SRCDIR specifications in the marcusmerge. There is no default
		path, so this is recommend for you to either use this option or
		fillout the SRCDIR.

	-t	Enables the download a tarball instead of using CVS, overriding
		any TARBALL specifications in the marcusmerge. The default is
		no, using CVS.

	-u	Updates the MarcusCom ports repo.

	-v	Enables the verbose output, overridding any VERBOSE
		specifications in the marcusmerge. The default is no, disable.

VARIBLES
	The varibles in the marcusmerge are:

	DESTDIR="<path>"
		Specifies the path of official ports collection, overriding any
		-d option. The default path is /usr/ports.

	MODULE="<CVS module>"
		Specifies the CVS module to checkout from MarcusCom CVS. There
		has the different modules following:

		-ports, explain about it, blah blah....
		-ports-stable, explain about it, blah blah.....

		Overridding any -m option. The default CVS module is ports.

	SRCDIR="<path>"
		Specifies the path of MarcusCom ports without the trailing
		module name (i.e. without the trailing /ports), overriding any
		-s options. There is no default path, so this is recommend for
		you to either fill this out or use -s option.

	SUPFILE="<path>"
		Specifies the path of your ports-supfile (default: auto).

	TARBALL="<yes|no>"
		Enables or disables the download a tarball instead of using
		CVS, overriding any -t option. The default is no, using CVS.

	VERBOSE="<yes|no>"
		Enables or disables the verbose output, overridding any -v
		option. The default is no, disable.

FILES
	$PATH/marcusmerge

AUTHORS