Date:      Fri, 1 Aug 1997 20:23:38 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Andrew Stesin <stesin@gu.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   *curses programs broken in 2.2-970713-RELENG ?!

Hello,

yesterday I upgraded a machine at work to 2.2-970713-RELENG,
and what the hell, all *curses programs stopped working!
Like lynx, ncftp2, etc.  (Pine 3.96 works, but it doesn't
use curses AFAIK).

Sypthoms: it seems that even `Enter' key doesn't work,
I can't even enter ncftp2 command! (Pressing `Enter' causes
repeating of the previous command or input hangs...) Vertical
spacing/highlighting doesn't work either, all I get is a teletype-style
mixture on the screen without line breaks.  /bin/sh in `set -o emacs'
mode works well at the same time.

My surprize is unmeasurable.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Best regards,
Andrew Stesin

nic-hdl: ST73-RIPE