Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 18:37:29
From:      "Paul LeBlond" <rich_beggar@hotmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Modem configuration

Well, I've had trouble trying to get PPP to work for me, and I think that
it's my modem.  My modem is installed on com 2, but whenever I try and do
anything with cuaa1, it gives me a "device not configured" error.  I read up
on it, and thought I might have a winmodem.  I emailed my computer
manufaturer, and this is what I got:

"Thank you for contacting Dell eSupport and Services.

This is not a Winmodem, this is a Conextant MDP 3900 code name
Athena."

So, I'm not quite sure where to go from here.