Date:      Mon, 30 Sep 2002 21:42:34 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "Jorge Mario G." <murcielako@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to make the keyboard work "properly"

On 2002-09-30 11:32, "Jorge Mario G." <murcielako@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Here is my problem. When I'm on the machine the keyboard works
> perfect, but when i conect to that box thru SSH (Putty) the keyboard
> is a mess; backspace is delete, delete doesnt work! nor does HOME,
> END.

This sounds like you don't have the proper terminal type set in PuTTY
or your shell environment.  Can you check the terminal type that PuTTY
advertises to the ssh connection, and compare it with the output of
the following command, while connected to FreeBSD?

	echo $TERM

I have used PuTTY to connect to FreeBSD machines, or Linux machines,
or Solaris machines, with an advertised terminal type of "xterm".  The
startup scripts of my shell on those machines never make any change to
the TERM environment variable.  It all "just works(TM)".

Giorgos.