Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 22:31:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      Burton Sampley <burton@bsampley.vip.best.com>
To:        James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Poscript on an Brother HL760 ?

Try installing apsfilter from the ports collection.  I also tried to get
the same filter from the FAQ/Handbook to work on a Epson dot-matrix w/o
success.  Apsfilter handles all the setup for you.

Hope this helps.

Burton

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, James FitzGibbon wrote:

> Greetings;
>
> I'd appreciate hearing from anyone who has had any luck getting postcript
> output working on a Brother HL-760 printer.
>
> I can get plain text to output, but postcript (run through the hpif
> example from section 7.6 of the handbook) never prints.  The printer's
> data light, which is supposed to indicate data being received and/or
> processed, just blinks in a one-on/one-off pattern.
>
> I've tried hitting the panel button to induce a formfed without success.
> I've tried removing a paralell port ZIP drive that was daisy chained, and
> changing my printer port from ECP to EPP in the BIOS.
>
> Printing works fine in Win95/NT.
>
> Suggestions are appreciated.
>
> --
> j.

---
Brought to you by a 100% Micro$oft free system.  You too can disinfect your
system at http://www.freebsd.org

E-Mail:  burton@bsampley.vip.best.com
Alternate E-Mail:  bsampley@haywire.csuhayward.edu
Home Page:  http://www.best.com/~bsampley (permanently under construction)