Date:      Mon, 17 Mar 2003 00:47:51 -0500
From:      parv <parv_fm@emailgroups.net>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        f-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Amount of space required to complile XFree86 4.3

in message <20030316151740.J73850@znfgre.tberna.bet>, wrote Doug
Barton thusly...

> On Sun, 16 Mar 2003, parv wrote:
>
> > Could one of you kind people tell me please how much space is
> > needed to compile & package the XFree86 4.3 ports?
>
> du -h /usr/ports/distfiles/xc
> 54M    /usr/ports/distfiles/xc
>
> As for the total size, it's > 540M.

Thanks Doug.  Between /tmp (384 MB mfs) & /usr3 (where ports tree is
installed) i can carve that much space.

(Recently, i built gcc 3.2.2 w/ Java support.  Full gcc32/work & the
package took ~600 MB.  Gcc distfiles (~15 MB) were moved to yet
another partition; additionally, had to move about ~40-60 MB of
other distfiles from /usr3 to /tmp.)

> I have that much space free on my /usr/ports partition, and I have
> to build -libraries, then clean; build -servers, then clean; build
> -clients, then clean; then I can go to the XFree86-4 port and do
> 'make clean; make install clean' and it works.

Yeah, that's how i do it too.  There is really no other open for me
when i have only ~455 MB of empty space in /usr3.

  - parv