Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 1995 16:47:05 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.cdrom.com>
To:        evanc@synapse.net (Evan Champion)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with 2940

>System: P75 on SiS chipset, 32 MB RAM (both 60 ns), Seagate Hawk 2 GB
>(SCSI), Toshiba 3401B external CD (SCSI), Adaptec 2940 and a Surecom
>(NE2000-compatible) PCI ethernet.

Can you reproduce these errors with the external and internel cache
of your pentium disabled?  Parity is enabled and reported (when incorrect)
by the driver.  You may also want to find out if your drive has parity
enabled.  I've been using a 4GB Hawk to test the 2940 code for some time,
so I don't think that there is some funny interaction between the two. Your
problem sounds like a cache coherency bug in your hardware.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1