Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:35:19 -0500
From:      Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
To:        Won-seok Ryu <ryuw@ucsub.colorado.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: x-window

We need to know what kind of graphics card you have in the computer before
there's any hope of us helping.  What version of FreeBSD?  How did you
install (FTP? CDROM? What?)?

Won-seok Ryu wrote:

>    Hi, I just installed the freebsd but there is one problem. I can start
> x-window however I can run only 320x204 monitor mode. When I setup
> mode in the XF86Config to 1024x768, it keep saying "unable to start
> xwindow".
>
>    So I wrote down XF86Config file manually by "1024x768" where it said
> "320x204", but still it doesn't work. The outline it said '(--) SVGA:
> Invalid vertical timing for mode "1024x768". Deleted'
>
>    I have Mitsubishi Diamontron monitor.
>
>    Thanks
>    Won-seok Ryu

PETER SCHWENK                                    |  UNIX System Administrator
Department of Mathematical Sciences              |  University of Delaware
schwenk@math.udel.edu                            |  (302)831-0437 <-NEW!!!