Date:      Thu, 08 Dec 2011 16:44:28 +0000
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Erik_N=F8rgaard?= <norgaard@locolomo.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Which Lenovo Laptop?

On 08/12/2011 15:01, Pierre-Luc Drouin wrote:

> so which current 14" Lenovo laptop is the best for FreeBSD
> compatibility right now? Is it the T420 with the Nvidia card (Nvidia
> card forced in the BIOS)? Sleep modes work with the T420, right? And I
> guess Intel Wi-Fi cards are the most supported ones, right?

Hi: I got an E520 and tried to install 90RC2 on it, ACPI problems with
thermal zone 0 (-273). I got the system installed awkardly: the
installer was useless as the console would fill with acpi error
messages. Tried to boot live and run sysinstall on a different console
but wouldn't install. Eventually I did everything manually.

But then trying buildworld got the system hanging without any error
message probably due to overheating.

So, the final resort was to install linux .. that suck. :(

I don't know the other series. Good luck and let me know.

BR, Erik
--
M: +34 666 334 818
T: +34 915 211 157