Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 2000 18:54:44 EDT
From:      "Nicolas Blais" <nicblais@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   > 1024 cylinder part 2

Hi again!
FreeBSD rules.

Remember me?  I had that problem with FreeBSD not booting beyond 1023
cylinders.  Anyway, no I installed FreeBSD as my primary partition and
Windows 98 starts at about cylinder 1225.  What's odd is that when I select
Windows in my Boot Manager, Windows actually boots!  Shouldn't it have the
same 1024 problem like FreeBSD had before?  Now both FreeBSD and Windows
works fine but I still don't understand why Windows can boot beyond cylinder
1024 and not FreeBSD.

If you can clear this up, please write back.

Thanks,
Nicolas.