Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 1999 14:39:54 +0100
From:      Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven <asmodai@bart.nl>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cardbus and FXP

-On [19991122 14:15], Jamie Bowden (ragnar@sysabend.org) wrote:

>I asked on -mobile, but didn't get an answer, so now I'm asking here.  I
>Have a Dell Latitude CPiR, and am thinking about getting the Intel cardbus
>82559 based ethercard for this machine.  What I want to know is, once
>cardbus is rolled into 3.x, or when 4.x is fianlly release, will the FXP
>driver be rolled into the cardbus framework for support of this card?
>
>I really don't want to buy the 3c589c just for ether on this box, I prefer
>the intel cards, and am willing to wait.

Considering the amount of work Warner(imp) still has to do on the
cardbus support I sincerely doubt he will be able to get it done for
4.0.  Work IS underway though.

And when the support is there, adding drivers into that framework
shouldn't be a problem.  But that's my idea/opinion and I may be totally
off here.

Cheers,

--
Jeroen Ruigrok van der Werven          Network- and systemadministrator
<asmodai@bart.nl>                      bART Internet Services /