Date:      Thu, 27 Aug 1998 12:26:13 +1000 (EST)
From:      Brendan Kosowski <brendan@bmk.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD Security <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   FreeBSD 2.2.5 Security Problem

I suspect a regular security break-in on my FreeBSD 2.2.5 system for the
following reasons :

( Note1 : my system has a small number of users which I know well )
( Note2 : my inetd.conf only enables FTPD, TELNETD & POPPER )

1. My Internet costs increased by 10 times last month.

2. I often see 2 SHELLS running when I do a "ps -ax" even though I am the
only person listed when I do a "who".

3. My SYSLOG messages file has lots of telnetd "undefined errors" during
times when NO ONE is using the system.

Can anyone help me ???

Does anyone have AN OFFICIAL LIST OF FreeBSD 2.2.5 SECURITY HOLES and
HOW TO FIX THEM ???

Thanks & Regards, Brendan...