Date:      Fri, 28 May 2004 02:04:06 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@augusta.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading from Zope 2.6.2 -> 2.7.0 ...

--0-617149819-1085720646=:4131

'k, let's start off with the simple first ... based on installing from=20
ports, I need to add two env variables to my make.conf file, and do a=20
'make instance' ... if I'm installing from packages, where do I do the=20
make instance?  for my environment(s), I have no /usr/ports ...

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:

> On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 12:55:50AM -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>>
>> Has anyone found a HowTo Document on this?
>>
>> I just made the mistake of upgrading ... I was nervous about doing so, s=
>> I extraced and searched through the docs to see if there was any
>> caveat/upgrade warnings, and nothing that I could find, so went ahead wi=
th
>> it ... wow, was that a mistake :(
>
> Upgrading from 2.6.2 shouldn=B4t be a problem. The Stucture of Zope has
> changed. You must set up your zope.conf and use the new startupscript
> because zope2.7 don=B4t use commandline parameter anymore.
>
> But the Data.fs is still the same as in 2.6 so there shouldn=B4t be a pro=
blem

> Please tell my what problems you have. Maybe I can help you fixing them.
>
> Bye
> =09Estartu

---
> Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
> Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
> 86856 Hiltenfingen | Privat: estartu@augusta.de         |   auf Anfrage/

----
--0-617149819-1085720646=:4131--