Date:      Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:40:35 -0500
From:      "Eric L. Howard" <elh@outreachnetworks.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 4.0-R -> 4.4-S via source...

At a certain time, now past, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH spake thusly:
> On Friday, November 02, 2001 10:08:46 -0500, elh@outreachnetworks.com wrote:
> +----
> | do a third sanity check I will...but is anyone else out there still
> | running 4.0-R and having a problem going to 4.4-S via source?
> +--->8
>
> Someone at MIT was griping about it not working (and not being mentioned in
> /usr/src/UPDATING) a week or so ago.

OK...I've gotten a bit further now (the machine had tons of other problems
w/ /usr/obj and /usr/src that were resolved after a hard crash).  Now I'm
hitting this error hard:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=225196+228355+/usr/local/www/db/text/2001/freebsd-stable/20011007.freebsd-stable

There was never a final answer...anyone get 4.0-R -> 4.4-S to work w/o
building PERL?  That's my next step before doing a complete reinstall.

       ~ELH~

p.s.  URL may be wrapped...,yada, yada, etc, etc.

--
Eric L. Howard           e l h @ o u t r e a c h n e t w o r k s . c o m