Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:17:51 +0100
From:      John Murphy <bigotfo@bigfoot.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   https through ppp firewall

I've recently upgraded my gateway to FreeBSD-4.1 and decided to use
the nat and firewall features of the ppp program.  All is fine except
outgoing https connections don't connect.  I don't remember having to
make a specific ipfw rule for https, but it seems I do need a set filter
line or two for ppp.conf.

Trouble is I just can't seem to find a resource that gives the
information I need.  So which port does https use and where is
a good resource for this kind of info?

Thanks again
John.