Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 00:13:37 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Jim Bentley <jimbo@inet-asst.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DHCPD and client

On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Jim Bentley wrote:

> I'm needing to support DHCP services.  I'm currently running freeBSD2.0.5.  A few questions for those who have
> some knowledge on the subject.
>
> 1.  Which DHCP should I consider using?  I have downloaded isc-dhcp and
> have compiled it for my enviroment.

We use the wide-dhcp client on a 2.2-ALPHA loaded laptop and it works very
well.

2. If isc is the selected one, are there any setup instructions?

Dunno.  Check the man pages.

3.  Will the server software that will run  on FreeBSD support the DHCP
client software on Win95 and Mac using open transport?

I would certainly hope :-)  DHCP is a system-wide standard.  Assuming
those clients work, your server is appropriately configured, and your
routing for BOOTP packets is OK, it should work fine.

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo