Date:      Sun, 16 May 2010 13:11:16 -0700
From:      Charlie Kester <corky1951@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How long do you go without upgrading FreeBSD to a newer release?

On Sun 16 May 2010 at 08:42:44 PDT Dan Naumov wrote:

>Just a thought/question that has recently come to my mind: How long do
>you usually wait until upgrading to a newer release of FreeBSD?

My machines are all for personal use only, and it wouldn't be a
disaster if any of them went down for an extended period.  So I
don't hesitate to upgrade to new releases as soon as they appear.

I'm currently running 8.0-STABLE and update it every week or so.  The
portstree is updated daily.

If my income depended on these machines, I'd probably be more cautious.