Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 1996 21:32:14 -0700
From:      ckoster@ix.netcom.com (Carl Koster )
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installation problem

Can someone provide a solution to my fsbd installation problem...I
can't get it to boot afetr installation.

My system:

+AMD486-120MHz
+Two IDE drives (installing fbsd on slave drive)
+EIDE controller card (manufactured by SIIG with  on-board BIOS)

I am installting from a DOS partition. My distribution came from Walnut
Creek on CD.

My goal is to dedicate the slave drive to fbsd and use a boot disk to
get into fbsd. Installation of the files
proceeds without a hitch.

When I reebot using the fbsd boot disk I type

wd(1,a)/kernal

at the prompt and the system just hangs. It doesn't seem to try to
access the slave drive.

 I have verified drive geometry and it looks the same in fbsd and BIOS.

What can I do?

Any comments/suggestions/solution will be greatly appreciated.

ckoster@ix.netcom.com