Date:      Thu, 3 Dec 1998 08:53:02 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can we just come to a decision on IPv6 and IPSec?

On Wed, Dec 02, 1998 at 03:43:50PM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > Could the people you mention evaluate KAME on a 2.2.7 system ?
> > Or could perhaps a dialogue between those people and KAME
> > developers help to do the right decision ? I personally don't
> > know people using IPsec...
>
> I'm not really interested in what it does on 2.2.7, to be perfectly
> honest.  It's good that the old releases be supported, don't
> misunderstand me, but 3.0 is the future and if it's not running in
> -current then it's just not a candidate for merging to that branch,
> for the obvious reasons.

Fully agreed. Fortunately KAME is available for -current as well.
I only assumed that those people you mentioned would have 2.2.X systems.
But indeed, one should ask the KAME developer, if they would agree to
develope on 3.0 and later -current systems.

This shouldn't be a problem if think if they would be more involved
into the FreeBSD project via commit privs or such.

--
Andreas Klemm                                http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
     What gives you 90% more speed, for example, in kernel compilation ?