Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:58:28 -0700
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@BitBlocks.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Audio CD archiving

I have been trying to archive some old CDs and running into
trouble.

Are there decent tools under freebsd for archiving audio CDs?
"Archival" means not just saving the exact bits from the CD
but also saving auxiliary information such as artist name,
album title, song titles, song author etc. etc.  Xmcd does
this (everything except JPEG of album covers -- guess I will
have to scan them in!) but its FLAC output is broken
(something about invalid seekable stream encoder callback).

I suppose one can write a script that rips a CD and looksup
CDDB based on the disk ID but surely *someone* must have done
this?!

Thanks for any suggestions!

-- bakul