Date:      Tue, 30 May 2000 09:44:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      papowell@astart.com
To:        andrews@technologist.com, bandix@looksharp.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.d startup scripts

While this is probably not the place to post this,  I will also note
that the use of 'snprintf' was denigrated because it was NOT part
of the original 'printf' package.

You learn from your mistakes,  you do NOT enshrine them and worship
them as the Truth of Ancestral Wisdom.

I will simply state that I consider the SystemV startup facilities
superior to the BSD ones,  IN CONCEPT.  The various implementations of
them have flaws and problems,  but they provide more, better, easier,
more modular,  and simple management facilities.

There.

And before you start poking at me,  I work with them all on a
DEVELOPER and ADMINISTRATOR level basis,  i.e. - in the trenches
and digging,  on a daily basis.

Patrick Powell

Patrick Powell                 Astart Technologies,
papowell@astart.com            9475 Chesapeake Drive, Suite D,
Network and System             San Diego, CA 92123
  Consulting                   858-874-6543 FAX 858-279-8424
LPRng - Print Spooler (http://www.astart.com)