Date:      Sun, 06 Aug 2006 17:36:17 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        Beech Rintoul <beech@alaskaparadise.com>
Cc:        kde@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [kde-freebsd] Suggestion for sub port

--------------enig65E2BF1C5A0D5C2BBB7F8A55

Beech Rintoul schrieb:
> Would it be possible to make a sub port of kmail. Kdepim is a large bui=
ld and=20
> the only thing I use out of it is kmail. It would be nice if I could ju=
st=20
> build that part of kdepim. I'm a port maintainer, but separating out km=
ail is=20
> beyond my capabilities.
>  =20
It's beyond everyone's abilities I'm afraid. Kdepim is a very tightly
integrated module, splitting out any particular application hardly saves
any buildtime (the lion's share of code is in shared libraries which all
apps in PIM link to). However, if you want to avoid build times, use a
binary package (and poke the people responsible for the packagebuilding
if they're not available :). And since you'll get the additional PIM
functionality anyway, you might want to investigate what additional
features that Kontact offers might be of use for you - it has a pretty
nice and powerful organizer ...

Cheers,
--=20

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org